PRUV Aims and Objectives
The overall objective of the PRUV project is to develop evidence-based solutions that will inform preparedness and resilience interventions in order to make a lasting, sustainable contribution to addressing urban vulnerability.
To achieve this objective the following specific objectives have been identified:
- To advance the state of the art by exploring the relationship between resilience and socio-economic issues across a range of societal institutions.
- To advance the state of the art by addressing the theoretical and practical gaps in the protection of crisis-affected communities and vulnerable groups in urban settings in order to acquire new evidence-based knowledge to foster resilience.
- To advance the state of the art by determining the contribution of existing legal frameworks at different levels of governance to urban resilience and how they can be improved.
- To advance the state of the art by positioning urban resilience within the human security paradigm.
- To advance the state of the art by modelling the effectiveness of public health preparedness interventions in urban settings for improving household, community, and local government resilience to humanitarian crises.